Wednesday 21 September 2011

A Tree-mendous Birthday

Hey folks! I’m back with another project featuring retiring products. Don’t worry – it’s not Lovely as a Tree that’s leaving us (thank goodness – I think this was the first SU set I ever bought, and I hope it never goes!). Instead I’m focussing again on the accessories which are retiring.

We have the Woodland Walk DSP, early espresso satin ribbon and a brad from the Hodgepodge Hardware set. The colours are garden green, early espresso and the cream cardstock is actually the naturals ivory cardstock, which is a fantastic weight for card bases. The tree was stamped in early espresso and then watercoloured using early espresso and garden green inks.
treemendous birthday
The sentiment is from Plane & Simple which will also be retiring on 30th September. I’ve stamped it onto naturals ivory using early espresso and punched using the word window, then layered onto a modern label punch in early espresso. I’ve again used the distressing kit and French Foliage on this card.

I can’t claim this one as an original idea though, my mojo left the building last week when I was in the thick of everything else, so I CASED this one from the fantastic Teneale Williams.
Well, that’s one thing off my to-do list this week anyway, as it’s Darren’s Dad’s birthday next week and he requested a card, voila – one masculine card at the ready! I’ll see you on Friday with another card featuring retiring products, until then I hope you find some inky time!

No comments:

Post a Comment