Friday 27 May 2011

Birthday Fox & Congratulations

Morning All! and Happy Birthday to one of my Crafty Foxes, Nicola, who celebrates her birthday today. Here’s the card that will hopefully have arrived on her doorstep before she sees this post!

Nic_birthday

I've gone for a vintagey look with a crumb cake base, newsprint DSP, a riding hood red layer and basic black satin ribbon. I've stamped the vine image from Vintage Vogue in the background of each panel using the corresponding ink colour, then cut out some of the flowers from the set and popped them onto the very vanilla panel and finished with some basic pearls. I have to admit that by the time I’d finished prepping my class this week, my mojo had up and left me with a heap of things still to do. At which point I reached for my idea book and CASE’d this gorgeous creation by an Australian demo Teneale Williams – this lady has SOOO much talent and her blog is well worth a visit if you have a few days to spare drooling!

Now – why the congratulations I hear you ask? Well one of my downlines, Rebecca, just achieved her second ‘Stampin Start’ – a huge achievement and I’m very proud of her Smile. For those of you who haven’t heard of Stampin’ Start, new demonstrators get the opportunity to earn FREE stamps based on sales and recruiting in their first 6 months as a demo – up to a maximum of 12 sets. So to recognise her achievements I made her this card

Bec_congrats

The colour combination is Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz and Bashful Blue. the whisper white panel is stamped with the flowers from the Growing Green stamp set. The DSP in the background is from the subtles paper stack – which I must say is fantastic value for money – I'm barely half way through mine and I’ve used it loads! I’ve finished with a pear pizzazz twill ribbon and a sentiment from the Perfect Punches set stamped in pear pizzazz and cut out using the modern label punch. I CASE’d myself this time – altering this card that I made back in December.

Right, enough nattering, I’ve got to get my nose back to the grindstone now as I’ve still got a few preparations to make for tomorrow’s class. Have a great weekend

2 comments:

  1. Wow...These are lovely, but especially the Vintage Vogue Card, Nicola will love it, as she told me this is her FAVOURATE stamp set of all tym! Really Lovely, Love & Hugs Dawn :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, This card is very beautiful, nice and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete