Monday 14 February 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Afternoon all!
well it's Monday again and the weekend flashed by as usual. Saturday was busy as I delivered a class to a lovely group of ladies at my local WI - thank you all for making me feel very welcome, and I hope you enjoyed making your projects! Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the event to share, as I forgot to get my camera from the car. Then on Saturday afternoon the lovely Nic came over and we did a little bit of crafting together (once I'd managed to clear Darren's side of the desk, which he wasn't too impressed about!) We had a go at making a masculine twisted easel card for our repsective partners for Valentines Day, and here it is
We've used the I {heart} hearts stamp set and a colour combination of cherry cobbler, early espresso and crumb cake. The woodgrain paper is from Woodland Walk and we punched the hearts out from scraps of Cherry Cobbler using the 'heart to heart' punch and mounted them on dimensionals to create the latch for the easel. We finished it with a length of ruffled early espresso satin ribbon and a few rhinestones.

Yesterday unfortunately was somewhat of a washout, I'd intended to get a head start on my swaps for the SU regional training event at the beginning of March, but once I'd done the usual household chores a migraine set in, so I ended up curled up in bed for the entire evening - not good. Still it's disappeared today, so I'll hopefully get a sneaky couple of hours in my craft room before his nibs appears home from work!

3 comments:

  1. How fab is this card? I love the way you used the hearts to keep the card open. hmm migraine not good look after yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay, don't you just hate migraines. The OH loved his Valentines/Birthday card, he was impresssed with the twisted easel shape too. Looking forward to the class on Saturday, think I'll join in if that's ok :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Linz. Hope the migraines gone xx

    ReplyDelete