Thursday 13 January 2011

January Design Team Entries

Hey folks
thought I'd better pop by as promised this week and share the remainder of this month's design team entries as I'd completely neglected to do so - i cant believe it's almost Friday already, and my to do list is still as long as it was on Monday!!

The first card is for the colour challenge that I set this month - melon mambo, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie and chocolate chip, I needed a combo to kick-start my mojo as I was kind of stuck in a Christmas rut still! This card features the 'just believe' stamp set, which I have to say is becoming a firm favourite of mine, and I've combined it with the 'framed' set from waltzingmouse stamps. It's a very simple card, no ribbon buttons brads or pearls in sight but I love it! 
The second is also a colour combination entry, which is currently winging its way to Darren's mum as it's her birthday early next week. A slightly more fussy design featuring flowers from the 'growing green' stamp set, heat embossed using white powder on coloured cardstock and then cut out and layered around the frame, which is a stamp from waltzingmouse stamps. The sentiment is from curly cute, which i've masked to make 2 lines instead of one. Sadly the polka dot melon mambo ribbon which i've ruffled is now retired, and my stash is running low!! I'm hoping for some new ribbon colours in the new mini catalogue in April!!
the next entry was using the following sketch for inspiration

I fancied playing with a swinging z-fold base card for this one, and as the labels 4 nesties were still on my desk, this is what I came up with, using the sunny garden DSP and co-ordinating cottage garden stamp set
and here's a view of the inside, the colours are daffodil delight, pear pizzazz, peach parfait and pure poppy.

Finally Karin set us the challenge of making a scrapbook page. I have to admit I'm not the strongest scrapper, so I stretched the challenge slightly and made a tri-shutter album, which will soon be on its way to my friend Clare who's recently had a baby boy, for her to pop some piccies of his first month in. The papers are from the nursery suite collection, and the colours used are pear pizzazz, baja breeze, bashful blue and marina mist. I've also used the tag from the saleabration punch bunch set, the baby tees wheel and tiny tags on the inside.

 
 
That's all I have for now, I'm just putting the finishing touches to my valentines class, which hopefully I'll be able to photograph in daylight on Saturday, then I'll be back to share some sneak peeks early next week! Have a great weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment