Tuesday 30 November 2010

Exhausted but on a high!

Happy Tuesday all!
I cant quite believe it, but after all the frantic preparation over the few weeks, it's been nearly a month since convention and i'm back down to earth and busy with class and Christmas preparations! I had an absolutely fantastic time meeting my fellow demonstrators from around the UK, France & Germany in Addington Palace and came back with lots of new ideas and inspiration - now I just need to find some time to implement them all - roll on the 8th day in the week :)

We found some crafty time too, and there were a number of fantastic demonstrations up on stage - I could have sat there all day watching Pam and Shelli making pretty things with our products! The awards night was a truly glitzy affair, although I had to be on my best behaviour as I was sitting next to the new SU president Rich Jutkins. I had the pleasure of seeing my Stampin' Up! mum walk up on stage to claim third place in the 'Demonstrator of the Year' award - congratulations Monica!!

There were a couple of very exciting announcements, including details of our promotions for January/February. I can't reveal any details as yet, but suffice to say it's worth getting your workshop bookings in for January/February as there are additional rewards for both customers & hostesses. Contact me to book your workshop and beat the January blues.

We were also given details of the location for next year's convention - we're going to Disneyland Paris!!!!!!!!! So, do you fancy coming along and joining in the fun? To register for convention you need to be a Stampin' Up! demo, read here for more details, or feel free to contact me for a chat about the opportunity to join my team!

So enough waffle - I'm guessing you'd like to see some piccies! Unfortunately I didn't take too many photos as the lighting was really poor, but I have some good ones of the swaps I made, and more to follow of the lovely cards I got back - there are some truly talented ladies out there. The first is the 'general swap' which I made 200 of (with thanks to Pat, Rebecca, my mum & Darren who were helping me with the frantic preparations)
Then there was the 'gift item swap' organised by Karin - the challenge was to make a gift for five of my fellow demos, and I came up with a convention memory scrapbook in a tin, here's the finished item




I'll be back later in the week with some more pictures when I've had a chance to photograph the gift items that I received in the swap. I also need to show you my samples for the design team challenges on In Love With Stamping this month.

Until then, have a great week.
Linz
x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous albumn Linzi, another project idea I'm going to have to lift :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your album! so elegant!

    ReplyDelete