Monday 9 August 2010

Challenged

Well I hope you all had a lovely restful weekend.  As promised, I'm back with the remaining 2 cards from the August DT challenges over on ILWS, as well as a template for the centre-step fold card. The first card was an inspiration challenge, this was the image we were provided with
I really struggled to come up with any ideas for this one, then I began focusing on the geometric shapes and bright colours and this sprung to mind

Finally I had a sketch challenge to complete with about 20 minutes to go before the upload deadline!
Now normally I love sketch challenges, but I really struggled to make this one work. In the end I resorted to the needlepoint technique called bargello, and recreated the effect with strips of stripey paper - I'm still not overly sure on how well the finished card works though! Ho hum, I guess that's why they call it a challenge!

And finally, I have the template to share for the centre-step fold card. I've converted the dimensions from those over on splitcoast for the UK sizes of card (all of theirs assume letter!) (If you click on the image it should enlarge!)


Well folks, that's all i've got time for right now, I'll  be back soon with the sneak peeks of my next class.

Linz
x

No comments:

Post a Comment