Monday 8 February 2010

Stamp With Us New Year - Challenge 1 and Mojo Monday

Well it's been a busy couple of weeks, and I've been finding lots of time to spend in my craft room (though still not as much as I would like!!).  Last week saw the start of the stamp with us new year classes and challenges, so I'm in the process of making a number of easter treats which I'll be posting in the next couple of days. The first thing I have to share today is the first challenge card, which had to incorporate regal rose, bashful blue, barely banana and certainly celery (all SU colours), I based my card on the Mojo Monday 123 sketch and used the greenhouse garden stamp set, which I'm loving at the moment.

I liked the layout and effect so much that I changed the colour scheme the next day and had another go.
It was Darren's gran's birthday last week (Happy Birthday Phyllis!), and she still loves to write to her friends, so I made her a little box of notelets, using the design and colour scheme from my limited supplies challenge in the ILWS challenge cup back in January.  I've made a co-ordinating box, five 4" notelets and stamped five co-ordinating envelopes, I'm just awaiting her feedback now!

And finally, I've found some time to get my 'wild about you' stamp set inky, for my friend's son's 4th birthday, he's loving his bright colours at the moment, this design was inspired by one that I saw on a blog somewhere - but I cant find the link right now.


Recipes:
SWU NY Colour challenge - Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, Sincere Salutations (Stampin Up!)
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Whisper White(SU!)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Other: Certainly Celery Poly Twill Ribbon, scalloped circles nestabilities, flowers and brads from stash

Greenhouse Garden Birthday- Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, Sincere Salutations (Stampin Up!)
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White (SU!)

Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy (SU!)
Other: Haiku DSP (SU!), Red Grosgrain Ribbon, scalloped circles nestabilities, flowers and brads

Notelet Set - Stamps: Miracles Blossom (Verve Stamps)
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!) Image coloured using markers
Other: Black & White DSP (Papertrey Ink)


Have a Really Wild Day - Stamps: Wild About Ypu (SU!)
Cardstock: Real Red, Brocade Blue, Green Galore, Yo-yo yellow
Ink: stamps coloured using markers
Other: Red grosgrain ribbon, scalloped circle and circle punches, quickutz star numbers and shadows, mirror card, foam pads

Well, thanks for stopping by, that's all for now, hopefully a couple of valentines and some easter treats to share over the next few days (providing work doesnt get in the way of me having crafty time!)

Linz

2 comments:

  1. I love your projects they're gorgeous, I LOVE the Wild About You set, with so many boys parties coming up, it would be perfect! I'll pop back soon, I've joined Stamp with Us this year, and I'm dying to have a go at the card organizer, so will check back and see what you've made. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards, especially the round ones with the Greenhouse Garden stamp set.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete