Tuesday 23 February 2010

Slow day at the office....

Why is it that when you really want to be at home crafting, work just seems to drag?!  I've wanted to get home all day so that I could finish off this little card and get on with some 'new baby' designs.  This is my entry for this fortnight's Elzybells' challenge, which is to create a card using their stamps which features more than one fold. It's my friend's daughter's birthday coming up soon, so I chose the spring fold again and used the girl on a swing stamp paired with daisy bucket paper. I'm really pleased with the effect - it's girly without being babyish (something that every 6 year old who's going on 60 wants to avoid!!).
Then I needed to make some new baby designs as various friends are expecting, these two were based on designs I'd seen in blogland.  The first is inspired by Heather Nichols' papertrey birthday bash entry, I've changed the colour scheme to pinks and lemons and replaced the cake image with a pram.  I've added faux stitching with my paper piercing template and a white gel pen. 
The second is based on a card designed by Sara Rayner, but uses a scalloped circle cut from cardstock instead of a stamped image.


And finally, I realised that I haven't shared the valentines card I made for Darren last week. I used a combination of kraft, chocolate chip and bravo burgundy with linen thread and antique brass heart brads for a masculine look.  The stamps are all from Elzybells' Valentine Tags 2 clear stamp set. I created the border on the base card using the 'from the heart' sentiment, with one heart from the strip stamped in between the sentiments.
Recipes
Spring Swing - Girl on a Swing Stamp (Elzybells) Sincere Salutations (Stampin Up!), Black Stazon Ink, scalloped border, oval and scalloped oval punches (SU!) Katy paper (Daisy Bucket Designs), flowers and brads from stash

Patchwork Baby - stamps: pram (A muse artstamps) It's a Girl! (Hero Arts) polka dots basics II (PTI)
Regal rose, pretty in pink, so saffron, kraft and whisper white cardstock (SU!)
Circle and Scalloped circle nestabilities, hand brads (woodware), so saffron ribbon (SU!)
Black and white ink, clear embossing power, white gel pen, paper piercing template from mat pack (SU!)

It's a Girl! - stamps: pram wheels (A muse artstamps) Congratulations (from stash) Polka Dot Basics II (Papertrey Ink)
pink striped paper (Doodlebug Design Inc) regal rose, pretty in pink cardstock and whisper white cardstock (SU!) Heart Buttons (Hero Arts) scalloped circle nestabilities, ticket corner punch (SU!)

Darren's Valentine - stamps: Valentines Tags 2 (Elzybells), kraft, chocolate chip and whisper white cardstock (SU!), bravo burgundy and chocolate chip ink (SU!) linen thread (SU!) antique copper heart brads (making memories)

Well, that's all for today - i need to get back in my room and create some mothers day cards now :)
Have fun folks!
Linz

3 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous cards there Linzi, I particularly like the patchwork baby card, its so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linzi,
    Wow this is much easier thought i would visit you instead!!
    lovely cards you have made will have to take a better look around now i have found you.
    Thanks for all your help tonight!
    hugs
    Suzie Qx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, so cute...
    Regards Alexandra

    ReplyDelete